There’s now an option available for folks who have trouble getting close to a flush handle or maybe even touching a toilet at all. The touchless flush kit for toilets is designed to allow you to stay as far away from the toilet as possible while still using your hands-free device. The kit installs into your existing toilet and works with most types of flushes.
List of Best Touchless Toilet Flush Kit
Its simple installation takes most people less than 20 minutes and the external battery design allows for replacement by anyone.
A KOHLER Touchless Toilet Flush Kit offers a more hygienic way of flushing your toilet. You can retrofit almost any toilet with this touchless flush kit from Kohler. After the sensor is installed, you can activate the flush by holding your hand over it. Because there is no handle to touch, fewer germs can be picked up or left behind.
The touchless module is mounted high above the waterline in the tank, inside a small black box. Simple chain connects the flush valve to the flush actuating wheel. The sensor transmits a field of electromagnetic energy through the lid of the toilet and extends an additional 2-3″ above it. To minimize the possibility of incidental flushes, this field has been designed tightly. When you disrupt the field, the toilet flushes itself without you touching it.
In addition to being affordable, this technology can be installed in any type of toilet. Water saving features reduce water consumption to 1.28 GPF (gallons per flush).
Four AA batteries power the KOHLER Touchless Flus Kit, which should last 6-12 months depending on usage. When the batteries have about two weeks left in them, a low battery indicator will beep five times before each flush. It takes approximately 10-20 minutes for most people to install.
What Is The Best Touchless Toilet Flush Kit?
These are our top 3 choices when it comes to the best touchless kitchen faucet under 100$
What is a touchless toilet flush kit and why would you want one?
How To Choose The Best Touchless Toilet Flush Kit?
So, the next time you’re in a public washroom and you reach for that flusher, think again. Perhaps there is a better way to do things after all. Touchless toilet flushers are more popular than ever before. For example, alongside other smart features such as nightlights and air fresheners, touchless flush systems are becoming popular with homeowners who want to install them in their bathrooms.
There are many different types of automatic flushers for toilets around these days; some of which can be retrofitted to an existing toilet without too much difficulty. This guide will help you work out what type of automatic toilet flusher you need and where to find it.
Sensor range and adjustment
- Automatic Flush Valve Retrofit Kits convert manual flush valves to automatic. This kit allows you to convert your existing toilet from a manual flush valve to an automatic flush valve. The kit simply replaces the handle assembly on your current toilet with an automatic one. These are only compatible with water closets or urinals.
- Touchless Toilet Flush Kit. It’s easy to install this toilet flush kit and works with most toilets, no tools are required. Simply install the kit inside the toilet’s canister. It does not fit with dual-flush/ ballcock valve/ top-mount flush and pressure-assist toilets.
- Automatic Toilet Flusher installed on top of your existing button. This kit is an upgrade for people who have toilets with buttons that have to be pushed. It makes the buttons automatic, so you don’t have to push them anymore.
FAQ About Best Touchless Toilet Flush Kit?
How Do Touchless Toilet Flush Kits Work?
The process of touchless toilet flush is based on the principle of infrared sensors. The infrared sensor is the most popular sensing technology employed in automatic toilet flushes. It works by emitting infrared beams, which allows the flush to detect objects or persons in its detection range. As soon as it detects you, the sensor activates the flushing system and also automatically turns off when you depart.
These systems are powered by batteries as well as electricity from wall outlets; therefore, they can be used for both portable toilets and permanent structures. Because of their ability to conserve water and energy, these systems are not only beneficial for sanitation purposes but also cost-effective solutions for businesses that rely on public restrooms.
What Are The Benefits Of Installing A Touchless Toilet Flush KIt?
- Better hygiene; less exposure to germs from old-fashioned flushing mechanisms.
- An easier way to flush the toilet for people with limited mobility or elderly family members.
- Tired of having to remind your loved ones to use the toilet and flush it afterward? With a touchless toilet kit, you won’t have to remind anyone. The sensor will detect when someone uses the toilet, giving them a clean and sanitary surface when they’re done.
- Fits easily into the existing toilet. A touchless toilet flush kit is designed to fit easily into your existing toilet without requiring much in the way of tools or expertise. That means installation is generally easier than you might imagine, even if you aren’t particularly handy.
How To Troubleshoot A Touchless Toilet Flush Kit?
- Letting dirt or residue build-up on top of the sensor will prevent it from detecting your hand and activating the flush mechanism. If there is build-up, you may need to use an appropriate cleaning agent such as an all-purpose cleaner or rubbing alcohol.
- Sensor Calibration. After cleaning, test the toilet by placing one hand over the sensor while flushing with the other hand. If the flush works properly, then no additional steps are required. However, if it does not work properly, resetting or calibration may be required.
- If your touchless toilet flushes by itself or randomly (when there is no one inside) then chances are you have an obstruction. The most common culprits are small pieces of paper or even dust that block the touchless sensor cover from detecting motion. This causes it to send signals randomly or when there is no one inside.
- A low battery can cause your touchless kit not to work properly. In this case, replace or recharge the batteries. Also, check if there is corrosion on any of the wiring in the battery box area.