If you have a problem with your touchless faucet, don’t panic. It’s not uncommon. Even the most advanced technology can have hiccups. But don’t worry. We created this guide to help you through it. If you do the troubleshooting steps in this guide, your touchless faucet will work for sure and for many years to come.
What Are The Common Touchless Faucet Issues?
The most common problems with touchless faucets are usually easy to diagnose and fix yourself. Here’s a basic rundown of the common problems with these faucets:
Low Water Pressure
If there is low water pressure when you are using the touchless faucet, there are several things you can do to fix the problem. There could be a clog or debris in the line. It could also be a problem with the aerator or screen in the end of the spout. If your unit has a pop-up nozzle, make sure it is clean and free from blockages as well. Adjusting the water temperature might also increase water pressure slightly.
If your touchless faucet stops working altogether and you’re confident that it’s not just a matter of low water pressure, check if your batteries need replacing. If you don’t know how to replace them follow this simple steps:
1. Turn off the water supply.
2. Locate the battery compartment on your faucet (usually under the sink).
3. Remove old batteries, if needed.
4. Place new batteries in compartment, positive side up (if needed).
5. Slide back the battery cover and turn on water supply to test.
Double-Check Your Wiring
Sometimes problems occur when there is an underlying wiring problem that was overlooked during installation. Check the wiring and make sure there is no exposed wiring touching any other part of the pipe or coming into contact with any metal parts inside your wall. You will know if there is a problem with faulty wiring if your touchless faucet stops working on a regular.
The Sensor Is Not Responding
Examine the infrared sensor for any obstructions or damage. If it is clean and clear, then there might be something wrong with the control box or timer. You will need to remove the cover and check these parts as well as their wiring to find out what exactly is causing the problem. Make sure that all electrical connections are securely connected.
Clogged Solenoid Valve
Normally, the solenoid channel allows water to freely move through. During the normal operation of your touchless kitchen faucet, a small magnet inside the faucet handle passes by the solenoid channel, which in turn opens and closes the valve that allows water to flow from your sink. When this channel becomes clogged with mineral deposits or other debris, it can cause problems since water cannot pass through properly. This can lead to a number of problems including low water pressure, erratic behavior when using the faucet and in some cases no water flow at all.
How To Troubleshoot Your Touchless Faucet By Brand?
A touchless faucet is a faucet that doesn’t require you to touch anything. They are great for the disabled, children, and the elderly. There are different brands and models of touchless faucets. If your touchless faucet isn’t working, there might be a few simple fixes you can do. Remember you will need to know the brand and model of your touchless faucet before you begin any troubleshooting process. We have included links to each of the brands in this article so you can get the proper guidance to fix your specific problem.
How To Troubleshoot and Fix Your Moen MotionSense Faucet?
Moen faucets are some of the most popular touchless faucets available. While these faucets are easy to use, there are times when you need to troubleshoot an issue with your faucet. Use the tips below to identify and resolve some common issues with Moen faucets.
How To Identify Moen Touchless Faucet Model?
The easiest way to identify your faucet is by looking at its model number. You may find it on the box or on your instruction sheet. If you don’t have those, you can still identify your faucet using the model number locator page on Moen website. The model number will not be the exact series number, but it will be helpful when used in conjunction with the faucet image shown in our Replacement Part Locator. Some of our newer model faucets may have a model identifying tag attached to the supply lines or on the controller box.
How Do You Reset a Moen Touchless Faucet?
If you find that your faucet isn’t responding to your hand or finger movements, or is reacting only intermittently, try resetting it first before changing out the batteries. To reset your faucet, follow this simple steps:
- The first step is locating the control box that is either gray or black depending on how old your faucet is. The control box should be located under the sink.
- The next step is disconnecting the power source from the control box. Disconnect the battery pack or A/C adapter from the control box by pulling out of the port located on top of the control box.
- The third step is disconnecting the data cable from the control box. Pull out of port located on side of control box.
- Wait about one minute for the control box to reset then reconnect data cable back into port on side of control box.
- The final step is making sure that the sensor on your faucet is unobstructed and clear of anything that might interfere with it such as small objects or pieces of paper. Plug back in power source into control box.
How To Change Batteries on Moen Touchless Faucet?
If your battery power is running low, then you will see a blue LED indicator at the base of your faucet. You can replace or recharge them yourself. You will need six 6 AA batteries for this type of faucet.
Here are the steps to change your batteries:
1. Open battery cover on the battery pack located at the back of the faucet.
2. Replace batteries with six 6 AA alkaline batteries and close the cover.
3. The blue LED indicator at the base of the spout will illuminate, which indicates normal operation.
4. Battery life is approximately one 1 year. Do not mix old and new batteries or different types of batteries together in the same device.[Do not mix Alkaline, Standard (carbon-zinc), or rechargeable (nickel cadmium) batteries.]
5. If you have a battery operated kitchen faucet, be sure to change your batteries at least twice a year to ensure reliable performance.
How Do I Disable or Enable The Sensors on Moen Touchless Faucet?
The MotionSense Hands-Free feature allows the faucet to turn on and off with a simple wave of a hand. The Ready Sensor feature allows the faucet to stay on while you are preparing to wash your hands. There are several ways to disable or enable each sensor.
Both Sensors Disabling
Hold your hand directly above the wave sensor for approximately five (5) seconds. Water will begin to run and then turn off, indicating MotionSense Hands-Free has been disabled.
Enabling both sensors
Open handle, hold hand above wave sensor for 5 seconds.
Ready Sensor Only Disabling
Open handle, hold hand above wave sensor for 5 seconds. The LED light will flash blue when successful.
Enabling only the Ready Sensor
With water running, open handle and hold with palm of hand for 3-4 seconds until LED light flashes.
How To troubleshoot Sensors Not Working On Moen Touchless Faucet?
These sensors are designed to detect when your hand or hands are close to the faucet. The sensor sends a signal to the valve, which then turns on the water. If your faucet is not working as expected, you may need to check these things:
- The first thing you should do is ensure that all protective labels have been removed. These labels are there for your protection and must be removed to allow the faucet to function properly.
- Tighten any loose connections. You can easily tighten connections by hand. Ensure that the data cable and power source cable (battery pack or AC adapter) are plugged in tight and secure.
- If using a battery pack, ensure the batteries are installed correctly and are snug in the battery holder. Loose batteries can cause the faucet to operate erratically.
- Check for obstructions. It is important that there be no obstructions between your hand and the sensor.
How To Troubleshoot and Fix Your Delta Touch2O Faucet?
The Delta Touch2O Technology allows users to turn their faucet on or off with just a simple touch gesture. This faucet is designed for both convenience and security. The technology has several working parts, including a motion sensor, magnetic docking station, solenoid valve and an electrical unit that connects to your home’s water line. These parts work together to ensure that your faucet works as expected every time you want to use it. However, sometimes things can go wrong with this technology, causing the faucet to stop working as it should.
The purpose of this guide is to help you troubleshoot any issues you may be having with your Delta Touch2O faucet and fix them yourself so you don’t have to call a plumber.
How to Reset a Delta a Touch2O Faucet?
You can easily reset your Delta touch2O faucet by yourself. Follow the steps below to do it:
1. Turn off the water supply to the sink and make sure the water is turned off.
2. Press and hold the “Reset” button located on the battery compartment or near it until you hear a short beep. The LED light will stop flashing and stay lit continuously.
3. If you hear two beeps, check that the batteries are aligned properly. If you still hear two beeps, check that they are inserted correctly and then try again to reset your faucet.
4. Test your faucet and LED light to see if everything works properly.
How to Replace Batteries In A Delta a Touch2O Faucet?
The faucet uses 6 AA batteries, which are included with purchase. As time goes on, the batteries will lose power and need to be replaced.
Changing the batteries in your Touch2O® kitchen faucet is easy. Follow these simple steps:
1.Shut off the water supply to your kitchen faucet
2.Remove the batteries from their compartment on the base of the faucet.
3.Install new batteries into their compartment on the base of the faucet. Ensure that they are positioned correctly as indicated by the diagram in your owner’s manual.
4.Turn on your water supply to allow fresh water through your faucet.
Common Delta Touch2O Faucet Issues, And How to Fix Them?
If your faucet isn’t working correctly there are a few things you can do yourself to get it back into working order:
- False Activation.Confirm sensor wire hook is firmly tightened to the mounting shank. If using the Delta Faucet AC adapter, ensure the outlet is grounded. If the faucet activates when other appliances operate, replace the solenoid with a new one.
- Sensor Not Working or Intermittent Operation. If metal or granite sink, ensure proper insulation and isolation for faucet shank. Confirm sensor wire hook is secure to mounting shank. If using AC adapter, ensure outlet is grounded and always on.
- LED Lights Meanings. LED light indicators work as follows: Solid Blue – Normal operation, “Touch” mode is activated. Flashing Blue – Normal operation, the hands-free mode is activated. Solid Red – Warning mode – Replace batteries as soon as possible. While the water is running Solid Red LED is illuminated. When the water is off, the Red LED flashes once every 5 seconds. The faucet operates normally, solenoid valve is open. Rapid Flash Red – Alert Mode
How Do You Turn Off Touch Feature On a Delta Faucet?
The touch feature on a Delta faucet is a convenient way to save water. It allows you to turn the faucet on and off with the wave of a hand. However, if you are not using the touch feature or want to turn it off, you need to follow these instructions.
To turn off the touch feature, place the handle in the “on” position and remove the batteries from the back of the handle. By removing the batteries you are turning off the solenoid that controls whether or not the faucet is activated by touch.
When you go back to using your faucet again, simply replace the batteries that were removed and place the handle in the “off” position.
How To Troubleshoot and Fix Your Kohler Touchless Faucet?
A Kohler touchless kitchen faucet is the perfect addition for any kitchen. This can make your life in the kitchen easier and more convenient. These faucets are simple, easy to use and durable. These faucets also have the sensor technology that allows you to easily use them by simply waving your hand under the faucet.
When the touchless kitchen faucet sensor is not working properly, you can check some of the things that are listed below to resolve this.
Kohler Touchless Faucet Won’t Turn On
The key to troubleshooting faucets like this is knowing how they work, and if you take your time and follow each step, you should be able to fix the issue yourself.
- Switch Handle in Open Position. The faucet will not operate when the handle is in the closed position. Make sure to leave it in the open position, which will allow you to use the touchless feature.
- Manual Override Mode. If the touchless function will not activate, the faucet may be in the manual sensor override mode, which allows the touchless faucet to function like a regular faucet during a loss of power.
- AC Power Adapter Issues. If using an AC Power Adapter, verify that it is not connected to a switched outlet (typically used for garbage disposals). If a regular non-switched outlet is not available, the faucet may be able to run from batteries (Malleco® and Barossa® only).
- Sensor Light Flashing. For the Barossa or Malleco Touchless Kitchen Faucets, a blinking red light indicates low batteries. Replace the batteries if the sensor light is flashing and the faucet won’t turn on.
Kohler Touchless Faucet Intermittent Sensor Operation
- Check to see if there is a build-up of dirt or mineral deposits on the sensor lens. The sensor is used to detect movement from washing hands or filling a vessel with water. When dirt builds up, it can interfere with proper sensor function.
- If this does not resolve the issue, try moving the spout away from any source of steam that may be obstructing the sensor’s view of your hand/hands.
- Check that the outlet switch is turned on and working properly (the outlet must be switched on at all times).
How To Override The Sensor On A Kohler Touchless Faucet?
The sensor on a Kohler touchless faucet may stop working when soap or other debris becomes stuck in the sensor. The manual override feature is designed to allow you to use the faucet without the sensor until you can get it repaired. If your Kohler touchless faucet is not responding, follow these instructions to access the manual override feature:
- Underneath the sink, you will find the valve box.
- On the valve box, there’s a little switch for the manual override feature.
- Turn the switch clockwise to operate the faucet manually.
- When needed turn counter-clockwise feature to operate the faucet automatically.
When You've Tried Everything And Nothing Is Working
So far you have read about the most common ways of how to fix your touch or touchless faucet. If none of them worked for you please don’t give up! We will update this article with new solution to fix your touch or touchless faucet. Be sure to check back once in a while.
Sink and faucet repair can be frustrating, but it’s important to remember that you have all the time in the world to work through these problems. The solution may not come easily or immediately, but you will eventually figure it out. Even if you think you’ve tried everything, there are still a few things you might want to try that could possibly fix things. And if nothing works, turn the problem over to a professional to get the job done right.