Touchless faucets are hip and cool, but they’re also more expensive than regular ones. If you don’t want to spend a lot on a brand-new touchless faucet or you don’t want to replace your old reliable faucet right now but you would love to have the upgraded features of a touchless one, here is a guide on how to make your faucet touchless.
How to make your faucet touchless?
Touchless faucet adapters: how do they work?
Touchless faucet adapters - Top Picks
There are several types of touchless faucet adapters available in the market today and all of them work pretty much the same way. The only difference between them is their price tag and size. You can choose from available options like:
What are the steps for installing a touchless faucet adapter?
The most important thing is to make sure that both your faucet and adapter are compatible before installing it on your sink. Otherwise, it could damage your faucet or even cause leaks. Here are the steps. you should follow:
Step 1: Remove the faucet aerator.
Step 2: Install the touchless faucet adapter connector to the faucet spout. Use the provided gasket to prevent leaks.
Step 3: Attach the adapter to the faucet’s spout.
Step 4: Open the faucet handle and test your newly installed touchless adapter.
The Pros and Cons of a touchless faucet adapter
These adapters are simple and cheap solutions to turn your old faucet into a touchless one. In fact, we should evaluate if this sort of device makes sense to install in our kitchen or bathroom faucets
- Easy to install, no plumbing skills needed
- Conserve water and lower utility bills
- Eliminating the need to touch the faucet prevents cross-contamination
- Children and also people with limited mobility can easily use it
- You can convert your sink faucet into a freshwater fountain for your pets
- Compared to a touchless faucet, it is less expensive
- It does not fit with every type of faucet, especially those with pull-down sprayers
- It lacks the advanced features of a touchless faucet
- It is likely that some of them won’t look aesthetically pleasing on your faucet spout due to their bulky design
- The batteries will need to be replaced every few months or recharged
Overall, these adapters are a good and affordable alternative to turn your old faucet into a touchless one. If it works with your kitchen or bathroom faucet and you don’t mind charging the batteries after few months of using, then go for it.